Tuesday 18 January 2011

Jet and Rose

I LOVED THIS! Basically I went to the Netherlands and did some doodles of clothes, then came back and developed them into designs with lovely deep colours and developed a kind of storyline about the models, Jet and Rose.
Jet is the Dutch one, she is very beautiful but sees things in a very black and white manner which sometimes can cause her problems, She's best friends with Rose who wears the clothes inspired by English stuff and I imagine her to be a bit over emotional and of a romantic nature.

It's a bit vague and I hate to write 'inspired by' over and over again, but I'll run you through what first sparked an idea for each garment. 

Jet is clogs (sorry guys, couldn't resist :) and Rose is books

Jet is Hagelslag and Rose is tea
Rose is an English cottage and Jet is Heineken beer
Rose is an Oak tree and Jet is a a lovely house in Amsterdam
Rose is a Raven from the Tower of London and Jet is windmills
I used watercolour and inks, I'm delighted that they've found a place in my portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment